- 1 What is Personal Color Analysis?
- 2 How Does Color Analysis Benefit You?
- 3 What is the Artfully Dressed Color System?
- 4 Why Hair Color?
Hello and welcome!
Here at Artfully Dressed it is our mission to provide you with your most flattering colors and the knowledge on how to use those colors to create a wardrobe that works for you so that you always look your best effortlessly.
What is Personal Color Analysis?
In the makeup and fashion industry color analysis also known as skin tone color matching or personal color matching, is the process of determining which colors will look best on an individual based on their natural coloring. It is used as an aide to wardrobe planning and style consulting.
A trained professional image consultant is educated on how to spot the undertones in their client’s hair, skin, and eyes. This is usually done by conducting a number of tests such as draping the client in large pieces of fabric in many different colors, applying cosmetics, etc.
How Does Color Analysis Benefit You?
The benefits of wearing the exact right colors that harmonize with your natural coloring (i.e. hair, eyes, and skin) may include –
- You will look younger.
- You will look slimmer
- You will look healthier.
- Your eyes will look clearer, sparkle and shine.
- The colors will harmonize with your skin tone and hair.
- You will get renewed excitement and confidence.
- Your skin will have a healthy, flawless glow.
- You will need less product on your face.
- You will find it easier to choose the right makeup shades and what color to dye your hair.
- Your natural looks will be accentuated.
Save Time and Money!
- You won’t buy clothes you won’t wear.
- You will only invest in the clothing items, accessories, and cosmetics that look absolutely amazing on you.
- You won’t have to guess anymore whether or not something looks good on you.
- You will save time shopping as you can eliminate 50% of colors immediately.
- You can peek into a store, see if it has your colors then if not, move on.
- All your clothes colors will match each other as well as you, which means you can buy less and have more outfit choices.
- You will save money as a color consultant elsewhere would charge in the region of $200 or more.
What is the Artfully Dressed Color System?
Our color system is based on color theory, historical information, and many hours of analyzing the natural coloring of client’s. We have discovered that there are 6 main categories based on hair color –
Medium-Dark and Strawberry Blonde
Why Hair Color?
Each person is born with their own distinct and individual coloring. This coloring is most pronounced in your hair. Think of it as the icing on the cake. Your skin tone and eyes naturally coordinate with the undertones in your hair and provide the beautiful details that make you look like you.
Not only does your hair cover and represent a large area of visible color, it usually remains fairly constant. Although, for some people their hair changes naturally a few times throughout their lifetime sometimes quite dramatically (blonde as a child, dark as an adult to grey or white later on in life) and sometimes not so naturally through the use of hair dye. This system is designed to work with these changes.
No matter your skin tone or eye color. The colors mapped out in the AD Color System will harmonize and help you to look your best. No draping or expensive consultation required. Just beautiful easy to use color guides, cosmetics lists, and fashion guides.